to Apply for Public Housing
you for your inquiry concerning the Oklahoma City Housing Authority's low rent
housing program. Should you wish to make an application, please gather the
information listed below that pertains to you. After the information has
been gathered, please call for an appointment at
any development office.
For All Applicants
1. PICTURE IDENTIFICATION: A valid picture
identification (driver license, military, state, school, etc.) must be provided
for the head of household regardless of age as well as all other persons living
in the household who are eighteen (18) years of age or older.
2. SOCIAL SECURITY: A valid social security card must be provided for all
persons to be living in the residence who are six (6) years of age or older.
3. CURRENT/PREVIOUS LANDLORD: Bring names and addresses of
current/previous landlords for the past five (5) years.
4. CITIZENSHIP: Bring visa, alien card, etc. if not a citizen of the USA.
Do you have any of the following incomes or expenses?
1. DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES,-Temporary Assistance for
Needy Families (TANF), Aid to Disabled (AD), Old Age Assistance (OAA), Aid to
the Blind (AB), etc., bring your case number/medical card with you.
2. EMPLOYMENT: Bring the name and mailing address of your employer.
3. UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS: Bring a printout from the Oklahoma Employment
4. RETIREMENT BENEFITS: (Veterans Administration, Civil Service, railroad
company, etc.), bring the claim numbers and mailing address for the source of
5. SOCIAL SECURITY: For Social Security Supplemental Security
Income (SSI), Widows Benefit, Child Benefits, bring current verification of
amounts received. Examples of verifications: bank statement, Social Security
award letter, cost of living adjustment notice, SSA-1 099 (Social Security
benefit statement). Toll free telephone number to contact the Social Security
Administration is 1-800-772-1213. Medicare premiums should be included.
6. BANK ACCOUNTS: Bring the most recent bank statement for all
7. INTEREST/ANNUITIES: Bring statements for the last four (4)
quarters or a statement from the bank or company from whom you are receiving
income. This statement must include account number, current balance, and amount
of interest or percentage rate earned during the past four (4) quarters. If you
receive an annuity, provide a letter from the company from which you receive the
income stating the current balance and amount paid to you each month.
8. STOCK: Bring statements for the year or letter from the
company showing income, number of shares owned and type of stock (common or
9. RENTAL INCOME: Bring information on any rental income received.
10. PROPERTY: Bring verification of market value for all real estate
11. CHILD SUPPORT/ALIMONY: Bring a letter from the source (Dept. of
Human Services/Child Support Enforcement, mother/father/guardian) verifying
the monthly amount.
12. MEDICAL ALLOWANCE INFORMATION: Bring in bills, reimbursements
received, and proof of payment for medical expenses during the last twelve (12)
months. Over-the-counter medications are allowed if prescribed by a physician.
Documentation of prescriptions must be presented. Deductions are only
allowable for head of household or spouse who is 62 years of age or older or
13. CHILD CARE ALLOWANCE INFORMATION: Bring actual child care
expenses for the care of children, including foster children, age 12 and younger
They maybe deducted from annual income if requirements are met under the
guidelines. Also bring the name and address of the child care center and/or
sitter(s) caring for your child/children.
14. DISABILITY ASSISTANCE ALLOWANCE: Bring in verification of care being
provided for a disabled family member who is over the age of 12.
Need more information?
here to send an email
or phone 239-7551.